A couple of notable points surrounding this activity with Pioneer. First, let’s talk about Pioneer’s (inaudible) related activities. Pioneer has conducted a free-market study to assess the interest in this revolutionary product, and majority of the people polled and looked indicated that they liked the features and functions and were very impressed. So, this is good news for us, at least as far as pre-market information goes.
Second, the HUD system, which is again called Cyber Navi, is permanently displayed on the first pages of Pioneer’s 2012 audio and visual navigation products catalog, which means that they are putting a lot of sales and marketing effort to ensure that this new revolutionary technology is acknowledged and marketed.
Finally, NTT DOCOMO is a part of Pioneer’s go-to market strategy, offering wireless services and information to the system. As many of you know, large mobile operators are main drivers and beneficiaries of mobile device adoption. And they continually looking for new services that increase subscription rates and average revenue per user. And NTT DOCOMO happens to be the largest mobile operator in Japan.
As far as MicroVision is concerned, there are several firsts for us here as well. Pioneer’s HUD system is the first OEM product that is based on PicoP Gen2 display technology that is built around direct green laser.Also, it’s the first offering that is branded and marketed and distributed under the Image by PicoP ingredient brand license and model. We began components deliveries in late Q2 and expect to see increasing delivery volumes and revenue over the next six to nine months.To cap the session – this section, last but not the least, this launch is consistent with our guidance and goal to commercially introduce the PicoP Gen2 display technology starting mid-2012.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV