A bit more predictable than the summer doldrums for stocks is the summer increase in demand for Coca-Cola (KO) products, a popular subject of college economics classes. Of course, summer demand has nothing to do with why we're looking at the stock today. Instead, it's all about the upswing in analyst sentiment for shares of Coke.
Coca-Cola is the largest beverage company in the world. The firm's products make up an astounding 3% of the 55 billion beverages served worldwide each day, a feat that's accomplished through one of the most impressive distribution networks in the world. Coke's network spans more than 200 countries, but there's still room for growth in many of the less mature markets that the firm serves.>>5 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher In more mature markets, the battle is all about holding onto share and taking it from top rival Pepsi (PEP), particularly in the new beverage offerings that Coca-Cola adds to its product portfolio each year. With the top spot on consumers' drink shopping lists, an unmatched brand, and excellent consumer stickiness, Coke should continue to shine in 2012. In the shorter-term, we're betting on shares this week. Coca-Cola shows up on a list of 10 Century-Old Blue-Chips Still Earning Their Keep.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV