BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Summer doldrums? What summer doldrums? After Friday's massive push higher, Mr. Market has made a pretty clear statement that Summer 2012 is the "Summer of Stocks."
Don't believe me? Just look at what equities have been doing this summer.
You see, I'm not just talking about Friday here, folks. While Friday's massive run-up in big indexes like the S&P 500 was impressive, it's just the icing on the cake -- the S&P is up almost 10% since the start of June. And the rally has been picture-perfect orderly. You don't have to be a technical analyst to see just how solid this summer's "shadow rally" has been, but for whatever reason, it's not something that most people are talking about.
Days like Friday, when the S&P slingshotted more than 2% by noon, are a good wake up call for investors who haven't been paying attention. And renewed focus on stocks in August could send some attractive buying opportunities shooting higher. That's why we're looking to a new set of Rocket Stocks this week.>>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 162 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 75.85%. With that, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV