Another International Success For Elbit Systems Unmanned Aircraft Systems: Elbit Systems To Supply A Latin American Customer With Hermes® 900 And Hermes® 450 UAS For Tens Of Millions Of Dollars
HAIFA, Israel, August 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ and TASE: ESLT ("Elbit Systems"), announced today that it was awarded a contract valued at many tens of millions of dollars, to supply a Latin American customer with a mixed fleet of Hermes ® 900 and Hermes ® 450 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). The contract will be performed over the next two years.
The contract includes Universal Ground Control Stations (UGCS) and a variety of payloads and capabilities including: the Electro-Optics Elop Division's advanced payloads systems, the Elisra Division's intelligence COMINT systems, SAR/MPR multi mode radar and additional sensors.
- Elad Aharonson, Elbit Systems UAS Division General Manager commented: "We are proud of the customer's decision to acquire a combined array of Hermes® 450 and Hermes® 900, joining several other Hermes® 900 customers, including the Israeli Defense Forces.". Aharonson added: "Hermes® 900 is well positioned as a world-leading UAS, suitable for a wide variety of missions, from intelligence gathering, to perimeter and security missions. The unique capability of joint operation with the Hermes® 450 offers seamless integration for existing users, further enhancing operational flexibility and cost effectiveness and eliminating the need for additional infrastructure or special training programs".About Elbit Systems Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS"), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios.-The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV