NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- EOG's success;
- why gauging Aeropostale and Abercrombie & Fitch is as impossible as understanding your teenager; and
- why some recent "bad" news on widely watched companies hasn't been that bad.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
What a Good Stock Looks LikePosted at 10:49 a.m. EDT on Friday, Aug. 3 Can we stipulate that this is a ridiculous market? Our payroll numbers weren't so strong as to warrant this rally. The Europeans are doing nothing. China's hopium. But it doesn't matter. The signals are all clear even for stuff of which it shouldn't be all clear. Except for EOG (EOG). When it comes down to it, after these conference calls, only one company has been able to turn itself into an oil company from a natural gas company, and that's EOG. Today it is getting its due. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Don't get me wrong. The nat gas companies that are going oil are too cheap. The charitable trust bought Devon (DVN), which is ridiculously cheap, even stupidly so. But EOG is much much further along and is going for being a full-fledged oil player with the best Bakken and Eagleford properties. He's got monster finds. The amazing thing about the journey of EOG is that it wasn't from natural gas to nat gas liquids, although it doesn't mind those. It's natural gas to oil. The other guys are taking the interim step, and it is killing them. It's good to see what a real oil company can do. It can coin money. No wonder we are getting this fabulous move helped by higher oil prices. And I don't think it is done, although I will say that the third-day move in EOG, after Monday, has usually been a better entry point when it spikes like this. Good stock to have on a very good day. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long DVN.
Teen Retail Is Unknowable Posted at 11:19 a.m. EDT on Thursday, Aug. 2 Do you have teens? I do. Have you ever, ever been able to figure what they wanted from minute to minute, let alone from month to month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV