Net income for the year was a record as well at $746, excuse me, at $745, and that increased 17% from the last year. We added $1.08 in earnings per share and that was on a 6.5% sales increase. So we’re very pleased with that performance as well.
Operating cash flow for the year was a $1.5 billion or 11.6% of sales and I might point out too and I’m not sure some of you may be tracking this as well but our free cash flow was greater than net income now for the tenth year in a row.
And that again includes some very, very difficult recessionary periods when you can say that we’ve increased cash flow greater than net income for 10 years in a row, we’ve got to be doing something right back here.
So we used the cash flow during the year to increase the dividends per share payout by 23%. We’ve repurchased over 6 million shares of stock for total investment of just under $0.5 billion and we made acquisitions which added $141 million in annualized sales.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV