This concludes the financial portion of the call. Garo will now provide a corporate update.
Thank you, Jonae and Christine. I will now discuss our progress during the first half of 2012. This is an exciting year for Agenus on a number of fronts. We have seen steady progress in the advancement of our QS-21 adjuvant for both infectious disease and cancer indications through our corporate partner GSK.
In addition to our expanded QS-21 agreement with GSK which was announced during the first quarter of this year, we recently, we’ve seen a new Phase III clinical program which was initiated for the prevention of shingles in immunocompromised patients. This is a randomized placebo controlled Phase III clinical trial in approximately 1,400 patients.
GSK has four QS-21 containing Phase III programs underway which will have their read-out in the near future. They include two MAGE-A3 cancer vaccines, one for non-small cell lung cancer and the other one for melanoma patients. The other two are the RTS,S vaccine for malaria and HZ/su vaccine for shingles. In addition to QS-21, we have also made steady progress in advancing our heat shock protein platform during the first half of 2012.During the second quarter, the National Cancer Institute approved a study of the Prophage Series G-200 vaccine in a large randomized Phase II trial in combination with Avastin in patients with surgically resectable recurrent glioblastoma. This study will be sponsored by the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, an NCI cooperative group. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV