William J. Way
Thank you, Steve. Good morning, everyone. In the Fayetteville Shale, we placed 131 operated wells on production in the second quarter resulting in net production of 121 Bcf, which is up from 116 Bcf in the first quarter and 107 Bcf a year ago, which was a new quarterly record for us. Our operated horizontal wells had an average initial production rate of 3.5 million cubic feet of gas per day, up from 3.3 million cubic feet of gas per day in the first quarter, an average completed well cost of $2.8 million per well and an average drilling time of 6.9 days during the quarter, which is the fastest quarterly drill time in the history of the play. We also placed 30 wells on production during the quarter that were drilled in 5 days or less.
As you may recall, we've optimized our portfolio in the Fayetteville and are targeting the highest return wells in the field. Going forward, we expect to see our average production on a per well basis improve over the next few quarters.
On the Midstream side, our gas gathering business in the Fayetteville Shale continues its strong performance, and at June 30, was gathering approximately 2.1 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day through 1,829 miles of gathering lines compared to gathering approximately 2 billion cubic feet a day a year ago. Lately, our production in the Fayetteville has been affected by recent extremely high temperatures in Central Arkansas, and year-to-date, we estimate that production from the field has been impacted by 0.5 to 1 Bcf due to the extreme heat. However, since June 30, our gross production rate has returned to approximately 2 Bcf per day. However, we are still managing the impact of extreme heat on our compressors and dehydration facilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV