I salute our teams for making the most of a very strong environment. It's easy to get complex in an environment like this.
During the quarter, we acquired two properties for $100 million, at cap rates in the low 5s. The exclusivity period for acquisitions has expired for our fund. These properties and future acquisitions will be wholly owned by Camden.
Our capital recycling program for the rest of the year will include sales of $350 million of properties, with an average age of 23 years, and cap rates in the 6s. Our $551 million development communities in lease-up and under construction continued to outperform our expectations. We expect the stabilized returns to be in the 7% to 8% range, which is 50 basis points higher due to higher rents, faster leasing, and lower construction costs.
We plan on starting 1,237 apartments in four properties, totaling $290 million by the end of the year, of returns in the same range as the communities that I just previously discussed.The plan on continuing prefunding our development investment, with the combination of ATM equity issuance and unsecured debt. We have raised $233 million of equity through the ATM program during the second and third quarters. We have a target range of 4.5 times to 5.5 times debt-to-EBITDA. We will continue to strengthen our balance sheet, and improve the quality of our portfolio as we go forward.I would like now to turn the call over now to Keith Oden, our President and Chief Operating Officer, I guess.Keith OdenChief President.Ric CampoChief something.Keith OdenI always wanted to be Chief of something. Thanks Rick. Compared to our expectations so far this year, our onsite teams have gotten off to a remarkably good start. After a quarter like this, it's kind of tempting to just acknowledge our team members for a great quarter and move on to Q&A. With that in mind, my comments today will be brief.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV