At the same time, we are constantly looking for acquisitions that will allow us to grow the company, expand our portfolio charters, while at the same time increasing our cash flow. We understand that the macroeconomic environment in containership markets today remain challenging and that is why we fixed 78% of our revenue days for the remainder of 2012 and for 2013.
However, we remain confident that the demand for containerships will continue to grow in the years ahead and that charter rates will improve. We have invested in the mid-sized segment which has sound fundamentals with staggered charter maturities we have positioned our company to take advantage of any upturn in the containership industry while at the same time securing our cash flows.
Please turn to slide number five. We are pleased to announce our second quarter result, 2012 results which represent our fifth profitable quarter as a public company. During this quarter, we operated on average 7.07 vessels and we ended the quarter with eight vessels after completing the acquisition of the OOCL Hong Kong in June. In addition, we took delivery of the OOCL China in July bringing our fleet to nine vessels.
Our adjusted time charter revenue during the second quarter of 2012 was $16 million, while our adjusted EBITDA was $8.1 million. We reported adjusted net income of $2.8 million or $0.16 per share which was down sequentially as expected due to the two drydocks we had during the quarter and we will go into details regarding our adjustments later in this presentation.More importantly, we announced that our Board of Directors approved a quarterly dividend of $0.26 per common share based on our second quarter results payable on August 22nd, to shareholders of record on August 15th, which is in line with our previously stated guidance. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV