Toronto Stock Exchange: G New York Stock Exchange: GG
(All Amounts in $US unless stated otherwise)
VANCOUVER, Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) would like to remind holders of Glamis Gold Ltd. shares that the sunset clause on exchanging these shares for common shares of Goldcorp Inc. expires on November 4, 2012 ("Deadline"). On November 4, 2006, Goldcorp completed the acquisition of all the outstanding shares of Glamis Gold under a Plan of Arrangement. Each holder of a Glamis share was entitled to receive 1.69 Goldcorp share and $0.0001 in cash.
Under the Plan of Arrangement a six year sunset clause provision provides that any certificate which immediately before the effective date of the Plan of Arrangement represented outstanding Glamis shares and which has not been surrendered on or before the Deadline, will cease to represent any claim against or interest of any kind or nature in Glamis or Goldcorp and any persons who tender certificates for Glamis shares after the sixth anniversary of the Effective Date will not receive Goldcorp shares, will not own any interest in Glamis, and will not be paid any cash or other compensation.To receive certificates representing their Goldcorp shares, registered Glamis shareholders must submit their Glamis share certificates, together with completed letters of transmittal, to Goldcorp's transfer agent, CIBC Mellon Trust by mail (P.O. Box 1036, Adelaide Street Postal Station, Toronto, Ontario M5C 2K4) or by hand/courier (320 Bay Street, Basement Level (B1), Toronto, Ontario M5H 4A6). Registered Glamis shareholders who have not received letters of transmittal should contact CIBC Mellon at 1-800-387-0825 or (416) 682-3860. Goldcorp is one of the world's fastest growing senior gold producers. Its low-cost gold production is located in safe jurisdictions in the Americas and remains 100% unhedged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV