We also have optimism about our extension acreage in Western Kansas, where we control nearly 900,000 net acres and where there have been more than 7,000 vertical Mississippian producers drilled. We are now drilling oil wells in the extension portion of the play with 3 rigs. And we'll know more about the results by the end of this year.
The second quarter was very good from a production standpoint. It seems that every operator believes investors only care about the large producers in each field. We do continue to have high initial production wells, but that's not the driver behind our growth. For example, we mentioned in the press release that during the second quarter, we completed 5 Mississippian wells that produce more than 1,000 barrels of oil equivalent for 30 days. They actually average 2,000 barrels a day. However, it's more important to note that we completed 90 wells that drove our production increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV