Each quarter, we become more convinced in the size and scope of the play. SandRidge has now drilled 382 producing wells across the original acreage we put together from 2007 to 2011 and we are seeing consistent results from Comanche County, Kansas through Grant County, Oklahoma. This covers an area of more than 150 miles in an area where we have nearly 850,000 net acres or a ten year inventory at today's (root) count at only three wells per section.
We also have optimism about our extension acreage in western Kansas where we control nearly 900,000 net acres and where there've been more than 7,000 (inaudible) Mississippian producers drilled. We are now drilling oil wells in the extension portion of the play with three rigs and we'll know more about the results by the end of this year.
The second quarter was very good from a production standpoint. It seems that every operator believes investors only care about the large producers in each field. We do continue to have high initial production wells but that's not the driver behind our growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV