The Gulf of Mexico properties we acquired this year have gotten off to a good start. The integration of DOR has been smooth and production has been in line with our expectations through the second quarter. We do not plan to risk capital exploring for large new fields but exploit existing properties and generate high rates of return through re-completions and in-field drilling to help us fulfill our three year goals.
We were able to capitalize on a region of cheap oil with this acquisition and it gave us a platform with a great operating team to further exploit inexpensive oil at a time of dislocation in the marketplace. Not only did we buy inexpensive oil, we are now able to sell expensive oil.
As of August 1, the LOS mark was positive $18.75 per barrel over WTI. Plus, the acquisition of the Gulf of Mexico properties lowered our debt ratio a full turn and gives us more debt capacity to stay within our goal of approximately three times leverage. We continue to feel comfortable we can maintain our 25,000 barrel of oil equivalent per day production rate by spending $200 million of CapEx on drilling and re-completions
Mississippian continues to be our growth venture. Last quarter, we drilled 91 horizontal wells and our production continues to meet or beat our expectations. This play is also a shallow low risk carbonate reservoir where our production per well on a 30 day rate has continued to improve over time.The value driver of the horizontal Mississippian play is the ability to consistently drill thousands of high rate of return oil wells over hundreds of miles. It's a story of scale. Our team has assembled 1.7 million net acres with room to drill more than 8,000 horizontal wells and now nearly 50% of that acreage has been proven by the 872 horizontal wells that have been drilled.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV