SandRidge Energy Inc (SD): Today's Featured Basic Materials Laggard
SandRidge Energy (SD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, SandRidge Energy fell 21 cents (-3.2%) to $6.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 28.4 million shares of SandRidge Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.17-$6.62 after having opened the day at $6.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.58. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Molycorp (MCP), down 28.5%, GeoMet (GMET), down 19.3%, Cereplast (CERP), down 13.9%, and Gasco Energy (GSX), down 12.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full SandRidge Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV