Duke Energy Corporation (DUK) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Duke Energy Corporation rose $1.14 (1.7%) to $68.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of Duke Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.85-$68.75 after having opened the day at $67.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.46. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS), up 10.5%, American DG Energy (ADGE), up 8.2%, American Midstream Partners (AMID), up 8%, and China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), up 7.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Duke Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DUK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV