International Business Machines (IBM) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, International Business Machines rose $4.07 (2.1%) to $198.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $196.16-$198.95 after having opened the day at $196.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $194.45. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), up 36%, MaxLinear (MXL), up 22.2%, Pros Holdings (PRO), up 18.6%, and Spire Corporation (SPIR), up 17.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IBM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV