Schlumberger (SLB) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.3%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.56 (2.2%) to $72.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, five million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.71-$72.84 after having opened the day at $72.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.83. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), up 26.3%, ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG), up 21.4%, Union Drilling (UDRL), up 20%, and Global Geophysical Services (GGS), up 17.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV