Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT): Today's Featured Electronics Winner
Applied Materials (AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose 30 cents (2.8%) to $11.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8.2 million shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11-$11.25 after having opened the day at $11.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.92. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), up 36%, MaxLinear (MXL), up 22.2%, Spire Corporation (SPIR), up 17.6%, and MTS Systems Corporation (MTSC), up 15.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Applied Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV