Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation is very pleased to announce additional assays from its current drilling program at the Buckreef Gold Project in northwest Tanzania. These results are part of an ongoing deep drilling program designed to confirm the mineralisation at depth and determine the potential for increasing the size of the mineral resource estimate published in June 2012.
- Results from these assays include a wide mineralized interval of 4.30 g/t gold over 26 meters in drill hole BMDD162, including 10m @ 8.42g/t Au. In this drill hole, the gold mineralization starts at 228 meters from surface and extends to a depth of 254 meters below surface.
- Drill holes BMDD167 also intersected significant gold mineralization at depth with 3.13 g/t Au over 28 meters from 409m, including 5.03 g/t Au over 7 meters from 422m.
- Drill holes BMDD164, intersected two significant gold mineralization at depth with 4.28 g/t Au over 9.4 meters from 347m, including 11.21 g/t Au over 2 meters and 2.68g/t Au over14 meters from 534 meters.
- Drill holes BMDD161, intersected gold mineralization at depth with 3.36 g/t Au over 2 meters from 395m.
- Drill holes BMDD161W1, intersected gold mineralization at depth with 2.82 g/t Au over 2.5 meters from 509.5m.
The intersected gold mineralization is characterized by brecciated quartz vein and strongly silica-carbonate-pyrite alteration and is hosted in shear zones emplaced along the fine grained basaltic sequence and medium grained dolerite intruded by felsic porphyry units. The best gold grades are confined within brecciated and altered dolerite with felsic porphyry intercalation and grey quartz vein with fine disseminated pyrite.
The intersection reported here is a core length and may not represent true width but the true width is estimated to be 50 – 60%.