We continue to educate key stakeholders including nuclear utilities in our potential fuel vendor partners about the benefits of our next generation nuclear fuel designs. We expect to enter into commercial arrangements with major nuclear fuel fabricator companies by 2015.
We anticipate that we will be able to begin lead test assembly operation in a full-sized commercial light water reactor by the end of 2017. This involves testing a limited number of our full-scale fuel assemblies in the core of a commercial nuclear power plant over three 18-months cycles. Lead assemblies are approximately 12 to 14 feet along.
Lightbridge also has been pursuing advisory service contracts primarily in Europe and the Middle East. Our focus is on consulting arrangements with governmental entities, planning to create or expand nuclear generation.
Since 2008, Lightbridge has served as an independent advisor to the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation and the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations in the United Arab Emirates. We have also provided advisory services in Kuwait and to the Gulf Cooperation Council Member States.During the quarter, our agreement with the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation in the United Arab Emirates was renewed and extended through 2014. We believe that in the second half of 2012, we may obtain contracts from other governments interested in deploying nuclear power in their countries. The prospect for increased consulting revenues is real even though the sales cycles for these multi million dollar contracts takes time.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV