Balchem (BCPC) is engaged in the development, manufacture and marketing of specialty performance ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical and medical sterilization industries. This stock is trading up 3.6% at $34.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 116,000Average Volume: 115,897 Volume % Change: 60% From a technical perspective, BCPC is trending higher here as the stock has started to challenge its 200-day moving average of $32.24 with slightly above average volume. This move is coming after BCPC found some buying support right above its 50-day moving average of $32.24. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once BCPC triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once BCPC takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $34.34 to $35.12 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 115,897 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then BCPC will have a great chance of trading up towards $37 to $39. Traders should key off BCPC's 50-day moving average of $32.24 for near-term support. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV