Volcano (VOLC) designs, develops, manufactures and commercializes a range of precision guided therapy tools, including intravascular ultrasound and fractional flow reserve products. This stock is trading up 4% at $27.02 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 386,000Average Volume: 361,519 Volume % Change: 103% Shares of VOLC are trending higher today after the company reported earnings per share of 6 cents for the quarter, beating Wall Street estimates of 4 cents per share. The company's quarterly revenue was up 13.6% on a year-over-year basis. From a technical perspective, VOLC is bouncing strong here right near some previous support at $25.12 with above average volume. This move has pushed VOLC back above its 200-day moving average of $26.71. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once VOLC triggers its next major breakout. That trade will trigger once VOLC takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $27.73, and then its 50-day moving average of $28.22 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above 361,519 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VOLC will have a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its July high of $30.59. On the flipside, I would avoid this stock if it were to trend back below its 200-day at 426.71 with strong volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV