One hundred and thirty-seven drivers from 47 states representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies will compete in the National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC) in Minneapolis, Minn., August 7-11. This is a record number of competitors going to the NTDC for FedEx.
Each FedEx driver earned the right to compete in the NTDC by qualifying at state-level truck driving championships. The American Trucking Associations (ATA) sponsors the NTDC, which is designed to recognize industry leadership in safety and to promote professionalism among truck drivers.
“Our company is made up of thousands of team members that strive to keep safety as a top priority in every aspect of our business,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman and CEO, FedEx Corp. “The performance of the more than 1,300 FedEx team members who competed in their respective state truck driving championships and of our 137 national finalists is an example of our commitment to safely share the road each day.”
Here are some facts about the 2012 FedEx NTDC competitors:
- Collectively, the drivers have 2,783 years of professional driving experience among them.
- In total, the team has safely driven nearly 166 million miles during their careers—enough to circle the globe more than 6,659 times.
- Seventy-nine of the FedEx competitors have driven professionally for 20 years or more.
- Seventy-four have each accumulated at least one million miles of safe driving.
- Twenty-one have won five or more state championships.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV