Jeff will now begin his update on our third quarter results.
Jeffrey A. Graves
Thank you, Sue, and good morning, everyone. Thank you for joining us today for our third quarter investor call. As you know, this is my first earnings call as the leader of MTS, and I'm delighted to be here with you this morning. Before Sue and I discuss the financial results, I'd like to briefly share with you the reasons why I took this role and after 3 months, the reasons why I'm more excited than ever about MTS. So why did I take this job? In addition to being an excellent fit with my background and prior experience, it was opportunity to lead a company which has a clear and successful business model based on technology leadership, a globally recognized brand and wonderfully innovative employees and a strong reputation for customer intimacy with companies that are leaders in the markets they served. Since joining MTS, I've had the pleasure of meeting many of our customers around the world across our markets in the U.S., Europe and Asia, and their feedback has reinforced my initial perceptions of the strength of this company. Our customers who are the leaders in their respective industries of MTS for many reasons, but 3 of these stand out above all others. The first is our unrivaled engineering excellence in the areas of testing and sensors. Second is the intimate knowledge of our customers' business needs obtained through years or, in many cases, decades of working closely together to solve very challenging problems. And third is the consistent long-term support we deliver to help our customers address their rapidly changing market requirements around the world. These 3 factors represent the core of MTS' sustainable competitive advantage that has led through our leaderships in the markets that we serve and upon which we will build the future of the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV