Another stock in the technology complex that's trading within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Mitek Systems (MITK), which is engaged in the development, sale and service of software solutions related to mobile imaging applications and intelligent recognition software. This stock has been hammered by the bears so far in 2012, with shares down by over 35%.
If you take a look at the chart for Mitek Systems, you'll see that this stock recently failed to trigger a breakout above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4.38 to $4.75 a share. After failing to take those levels out, the stock sold off hard and took out its 50-day moving average. Following that move, shares of Mitek Systems found some buying interest at around $2.72 a share, and then ripped back above its 50-day moving average with heavy volume. Now the stock has started to take out $4.38 a share, and it's quickly setting up to clear $4.75 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV