Thank you Carol and good morning everybody thank you for joining us this morning. It’s been an eventful three months for ImmunoGen and for our technology across a number of fronts. At the ASCO session in early June, T-DM1 was featured in the plenary session with Phase III data from the EMILIA study. On a number of fronts this was impressive data that showed strong improvement in PFS versus the control ARM, very good tolerability and we also got some insight into survival.
At the same ASCO session or during that session, we also learned about Roche’s plans to expand T-DM1 into early stage breast cancer and that they will be starting three trials in 2013 demonstrating a strong commitment to all lines of HER2 positive breast cancer. At ASCO there was also encouraging data on another tap compound SAR3419 under development by Sanofi; recall this as a different design in T-DM 1 and you are looking at a different linker or different cytotoxin, obviously a different antibody. And in this case, the antibody acts solely as a targeting vehicle. There was interesting data there. Sanofi now is advancing SAF3419 in three Phase II studies.
At the same time there was visible progress on our own pipeline. Our Phase II compound IMGN901 had Phase I data accepted for presentation at a medical conference in early September and we also advanced IMGN853 into clinical testing. This is the second new compound we brought into the clinic this year.So let me start by reviewing the T-DM1 data from ASCO. Again, this is from their lead Phase III study EMILIA which is evaluating T-DM1 in patients with HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer who previously received Herceptin antitoxin. This is often viewed second line therapy, but you should note that there are patients here who could be receiving T-DM1 as their first treatment from metastatic disease having received potentially Herceptin in adjuvant therapy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV