OAK BROOK, Ill., Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS), a leader in environmental, safety and transportation solutions, announced today that a federal district court in Delaware adopted a recommendation that a motion for a preliminary injunction against the Company be denied.
On June 18, 2012, in Neology, Inc. v. Federal Signal Corporation, et al., Magistrate Judge Thynge of the Federal District Court in Delaware issued a 72 page report and recommendation that a motion for a preliminary injunction against the Company be denied. Neology had filed the motion for a preliminary injunction seeking to enjoin Federal Signal from making and selling certain radio frequency identification products that operate in accordance with the ISO 18000-6C Standard ("6C tags") used for intelligent transportation and electronic tolling systems. Neology alleged in its motion that Federal Signal's products infringed certain patents owned by Neology, and that Neology suffered irreparable harm from the alleged infringement. Judge Thynge found that Neology had not met its burden to show it was entitled to a preliminary injunction.
Yesterday in a one page order, US District Court Judge
Leonard P. Stark adopted Magistrate Thynge's recommendation and denied Neology's motion for a preliminary injunction.
Jennifer Sherman, the Company's Chief Administrative Officer, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, said, "We are very pleased with this result. We were confident that Neology was not entitled to a preliminary injunction, and we are gratified that the Court agreed. We look forward to prevailing on the merits of this matter at trial."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV