Evercore Partners' Cihra also sees IBM (IBM) as well positioned.
IBM's second-quarter revenue was $25.78, as the company noted currency pressures weighed heavily on the Dow component's top line. This missed Wall Street's forecast of $26.27 billion. IBM's expenses are in dollars, so a weaker dollar helps IBM, Cihra noted.The tech giant's Americas' revenue for the quarter was $11.1 billion, a decrease of 1% percent, while EMEA revenue plunged 9% to $7.9 billion. Asia-Pacific revenues increased 2% to $6.3 billion. From Nov. 25, 2008 to March 31, 2010, IBM shares gained 59%, according to Google Finance. From November 5, 2010 to June 30, 2011, shares gained 22.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV