Shares of the professional social networker rose 10.32% to $103.16 on Friday as investors digested the numbers.
Facebook (FB), which hit a new low on Thursday, crept up 1.55% to $20.35 before market open. Shares of the Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm dipped below $20 for the first time during Thursday trading and closed down 4.02%.
The social networker was also one of the most active premarket stocks on share volume of 304,226.Oracle (ORCL) gained 0.33% to reach $30.02 following SAP's (SAP) agreement to pay the database giant $306 million in damages over copyright infringement allegations. "SAP believes this case has gone on long enough," explained SAP, in a statement released late on Thursday. "Although we believe that $306M is more than the appropriate damages amount, we agreed to this in an effort to bring this case to a reasonable resolution." Oracle, however, is now pushing to have an earlier verdict in the case reinstated. The Redwood Shores, Calif.-based firm won damages of $1.3 in the same case two years ago, although a judge subsequently threw out the jury award. "Oracle's unanimous 2010 jury verdict awarding it $1.3 billion can now be immediately taken to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals," noted Oracle, in statement released late on Thursday. Shares of video game specialist Activision Blizzard (ATVI) slipped 2.04% to $11.53 despite beating Wall Street's top- and bottom-line estimates in its second-quarter results on Thursday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV