- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, the data shows that 29 percent reported a decrease in employee headcount while 22 percent increased staffing. 49 percent of the companies involved in the survey maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: As the presidential election heats up, the nation's unemployment rate will certainly be one of the most discussed economic indicators. Should the jobless rate remain unchanged at 8.2 percent, the small business sector could suffer further losses ahead. Coupled with rising costs of doing business, the sector faces uncertainty.
- What-to-watch: Concerns of global growth prospects weakening will indeed increase business pressures faced by companies in the U.S. Business owners should continually review fiscal controls, process evaluation and metrics management.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Retreats During July
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.