Sirona (Nasdaq: SIRO), the dental technology leader, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 vs. Third Quarter Fiscal 2011 Financial Results
Revenue was $242.0 million, a decrease of $2.7 million or down 1.1% (but up 7.0% on a constant currency basis). The Company's business segments grew as follows: CAD/CAM Systems increased 2.7% (up 9.5% on a constant currency basis), Treatment Centers increased 1.3% (up 13.3% on a constant currency basis), Imaging Systems decreased 3.4% (up 2.8% on a constant currency basis), and Instruments decreased 10.0% (up 0.6% on a constant currency basis).
Revenue in the United States increased 7.7%, while revenues outside the United States decreased 4.6% (up 6.6% constant currency), with particularly robust performance in the Asia-Pacific region.Gross profit was $128.4 million, up $1.6 million. Gross profit margin was 53.1% in the third quarter of Fiscal 2012, compared to 51.8% in the prior year. Gross profit margin as a percent of sales was positively impacted by lower amortization. Third quarter 2012 operating income excluding amortization expense was $57.8 million (operating income of $45.9 million plus amortization expense of $11.9 million, compared to $60.4 million (operating income of $46.4 million plus amortization expense of $14.1 million) in the third quarter of 2011. Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $30.3 million, or $0.53 per diluted share, versus $36.3 million, or $0.63 per diluted share in the prior year period. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share for the third quarter of 2012 was $0.80 compared to $0.78 in the prior year quarter. At June 30, 2012, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of $104.6 million and total debt of $79.0 million, resulting in net cash of $25.6 million. This compares to net debt of $22.5 million at September 30, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV