- Premium revenue in the second quarter of 2012 increased 22% year over year, driven by 31% growth in Medicaid and 25% growth in Medicare Advantage.
- The adjusted administrative expense ratio was 8.2% in the second quarter of 2012, a decrease of 100 basis points year over year, demonstrating sustained progress in the Company’s focus on ensuring a competitive cost structure.
- The Company’s Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (“PDPs”) segment delivered a strong first half performance, resulting in a 61% year over year increase in gross margin despite a 1% decrease in premium revenue.
- WellCare implemented a number of medical expense management initiatives for the Kentucky Medicaid program, targeting continued improvement in the performance of the program during the second half of 2012.
- Florida Healthy Kids, the state’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (“CHIP”), selected WellCare to serve 65 of Florida’s 67 counties, more than any other health plan. The program is expected to be effective October 2012.
- WellCare agreed to acquire certain assets of Arcadian Health’s Arizona Medicare Advantage plans in Mohave and Yavapai Counties, which currently have approximately 5,000 members, subject to regulatory approvals. The transaction is expected to close December 31, 2012.
- The Company’s ‘Ohana Health Plan successfully launched its participation in Hawaii’s QUEST Medicaid program, serving for the first time Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (“TANF”) and CHIP members across the islands.
- WellCare expanded its New York Medicaid managed long-term care service area by five counties, and entered the Florida Long-Term Care Community Diversion Pilot Project in two counties.
WellCare Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.