XINYU CITY, China and SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LDK Solar Co., Ltd. ("LDK Solar") (NYSE: LDK), a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products, today announced that Professor Rongqiang Cui, Director of LDK Solar's Laboratory at Shanghai Jiaotong University, passed away at the age of 71 .
Professor Cui joined LDK Solar in September 2005 as the Director of LDK Solar's Laboratory at Shanghai Jiaotong University. Professor Cui began solar energy research in 1971 and became the Head of the Solar Research Institute of Shanghai Jiaotong University in 1997. Previously, he was an assistant tutor, lecturer and professor in the Physics Department of Xian Jiaotong University from 1964 to 1996. Professor Cui graduated from the Xian Jiaotong University in 1964 with a diploma in Engineering Physics.
Management of the LDK Solar Laboratory at Shanghai Jiaotong University will be assumed by Dr. Yuepeng Wan, LDK Solar's Chief Technical Officer, along with his research team.
Mr. Xiaofeng Peng, Chairman and CEO of LDK Solar, stated, "It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Professor Cui. He was a valued member of the LDK family and will be sorely missed by his colleagues."About LDK Solar (NYSE: LDK) LDK Solar Co., Ltd. (NYSE: LDK) is a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products. LDK Solar manufactures polysilicon, mono and multicrystalline ingots, wafers, cells, modules, systems, power projects and solutions. LDK Solar's headquarters and principal manufacturing facilities are located in Hi-Tech Industrial Park, Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province in the People's Republic of China. LDK Solar's office in the United States is located in Sunnyvale, California. For more information about LDK Solar and its products, please visit www.ldksolar.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV