LONDON, August 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Inmarsat plc (LSE: ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, today provided the following information for the six months ended 30 June 2012.
Inmarsat plc - Highlights
- Total revenue $684m (2011: $683m)
- Inmarsat Global MSS revenue $367m up 1.4% (2011: 362m)
- EBITDA $381m (2011: $427m)
- EBITDA excluding LightSquared $332m (2011: $336m)
- Profit before tax $223m (2011: $255m)
- Interim dividend of 16.94 cents (US$), up 10%
- Strong growth in Maritime revenue, up 13%
- Over 30,000 FleetBroadband terminals installed
- Over 65,000 active IsatPhone Pro terminals
Inmarsat Group Limited - Second Quarter Highlights
- Total revenue $329m (2011: $359m)
- Inmarsat Global MSS revenue $189m up 4.2% (2011: $181m)
- Inmarsat Solutions revenue $205m (2011: $189m)
- Total EBITDA $176m (2011: $223m)
- MSS active terminals up 13%
2011 2012 Half Half Increase/ (US$ in millions) year year (decrease) Inmarsat Global 441.2 472.6 (6.6%) Inmarsat Solutions 396.2 364.7 8.6% 837.4 837.3 - Intercompany eliminations and adjustments (153.2) (154.4) Total revenue 684.2 682.9 0.2%Inmarsat Global
2012 Half 2011 Half Increase/ (US$ in millions) year year (decrease) Maritime voice services 41.4 46.9 (11.7%) Maritime data services 159.5 131.3 21.5% Total maritime sector 200.9 178.2 12.7% Land mobile voice services 5.5 3.3 66.7% Land mobile data services 60.7 77.0 (21.2%) Total land mobile sector 66.2 80.3 (17.6%) Aviation 49.4 48.6 1.6% Leasing 50.4 54.8 (8.0%) Total mobile satellite services 366.9 361.9 1.4% Other income 74.3 110.7 (32.9%) Total revenue 441.2 472.6 (6.6%)Growth in our maritime data revenue resulted primarily from the impact of pricing initiatives, in particular as a result of the elimination (with effect from January) of volume discounts previously available for older services and the implementation of certain price changes (with effect from May) in relation to our FleetBroadband service. We continue to see strong take up of our FleetBroadband service. During the half year 2012, we added 4,305 FleetBroadband terminals, of which 2,295 were added during the second quarter. At the end of the half year we had more than 30,000 active FleetBroadband terminals. In addition, the migration of certain leasing business to our maritime sector also contributed to our maritime revenue growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV