Accessories also grew strongly, as both large and small HMEs and DMEs are becoming more systematic about resupply and delivery of replenishment supplies to the patients who need them.
Our global growth in Flow Generators this quarter was primarily driven by the high-end devices. Strong sales reflect the benefits of having all of our PAP devices configured on the smaller, quieter and more appealing S9 platform.
In the Americas the S9 AutoSet and the VPAP Adapt, which is an adaptive servo-ventilator did particularly well.
Growth in the Flow Generator segment was also driven by a positive mix shift from basic CPAP to APAP due to the ongoing growth of home sleep testing, as well as, we believe, physician preference to put patients on the AutoSet, which provides more flexible therapy, improves patient comfort and appears to enhance compliance.The new EasyCare Online Compliance Management system continues to be well received, and we expect to see some solid ongoing uptake from existing, as well as new accounts.Products and programs which provide superior therapy and better compliance are what bring the most value to the patients, customers and service providers. In other words, across the whole food chain.Europe continues to be challenging due to difficult macroeconomic environment, although sales were relatively strong in both Germany and the U.K. Despite this challenging economic climate, bilevel, AutoSets CS, which is also our version of the adaptive servo-ventilator in the rest of the world, and the Stellar products all did well in this quarter.We also believe that great opportunities exist in Europe to address the connection between sleep-disordered breathing and various comorbidities, such as heart disease, diabetes and so on, as well as occupational health and the more compelling economic case and the more -- and the more and more compelling economic case for treating sleep apnea in general.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV