At quarter end, we had more than $100 million available under our existing revolving credit facility and $251 million of statutory availability under the BDC leverage rules. Using our available debt capacity, we are able to increased net investment income without raising additional equity capital.
We continue to invest in transactions with appropriate risk adjusted return. Market conditions remained somewhat volatile, dominated by macro factor and fragile general economic conditions.
We remain focused on dividend coverage. For the quarter, we had net investment income of $0.30 per share and $0.25 per share adjusted for pro forma incentive fees. Our adjusted NII is consistent with our first quarter adjusted results and in line with our expectations.
On August 1, our board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.26 per share, payable on October 3 to stockholders of record on September 19, 2012. Based upon our portfolio performance and our adjusted net investment income run rate, we remain confident that we would be able to continue to earn our dividend.So far the third quarter of 2012 is off to a slow, but solid start, consistent with the seasonal transaction slowdown, we typically witnessed in the summer quarter. Although, Europe continues to be issue for the global economy, domestic economic conditions remain relatively stable. We expect that the macro headwinds will continue to persist in the global markets contributing to continued market volatility. We remain optimistic for our business as volatile liquid leverage finance markets tend to benefit like BlackRock Kelso Capital. Relationship transactions continued to deliver even greater value to our transaction partners, now they do in overheated markets. Mike will now discuss our portfolio activity and market conditions in more detail. Michael Lazar Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV