In our Household segment, volume declined 2%, and sales grew 3%. We then saw sales decline, driven primarily by losses on Glad storage products. Behind Glad, recent price increases and some distribution losses. Glad regular trash bags were also down in the quarter, but premium trash bins were up mid-single digits behind continued growth on Glad share with Febreze.
On Charcoal, volume was equal to the year-ago quarter and sales were up high single digits, driven by pricing and favorable mix.
Cat Litter volumes and sales were down in Q4 due to recent price increase and lower merchandising. On an all-outlet basis, Cat Litter continues to grow share for the past 52 weeks behind share gains on Presto.
In our Lifestyle segment, volume grew 2%, and sales grew 3%. Volume and sales were up strongly in our U.S. Burt's Bees business behind category growth in innovation including good, our Natural Personal care brand. Brita grew sales and volumes at the high single-digit rates behind the continuous success of the Brita Brottle. We realized that we're adding new bottles in different colors and recently launched a lot of the smaller bottles designed for kids.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV