Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ: AREX) today reported results for second quarter 2012. Highlights for second quarter 2012 include:
- Production of 702 MBoe (7.7 MBoe/d), an increase of 16% over second quarter 2011 and 7% over first quarter 2012
- Net income of $7.9 million, or $0.23 per share
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) of $1.6 million, or $0.05 per share
- EBITDAX (non-GAAP) of $20.1 million, or $0.60 per share
Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Second quarter 2012 production totaled 702 MBoe (7.7 MBoe/d), compared to 608 MBoe (6.7 MBoe/d) produced in second quarter 2011, a 16% increase. Estimated second quarter 2012 production increased 7%, compared to first quarter 2012 production of 654 MBoe (7.2 MBoe/d). Oil production for second quarter 2012 increased 120% to 230 MBbls, compared to 104 MBbls produced in second quarter 2011, and increased 20% compared to first quarter 2012 oil production of 191 MBbls. Second quarter 2012 production was 33% oil, 32% NGLs and 35% natural gas, compared to 17% oil, 39% NGLs and 44% natural gas in second quarter 2011.
Net income for second quarter 2012 was $7.9 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, on revenues of $29.9 million. This compares to net income for second quarter 2011 of $8 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, on revenues of $29.1 million. Net income for second quarter 2012 included an unrealized gain on commodity derivatives of $9.4 million and a realized gain on commodity derivatives of $361,000. The decline in net income and net income per diluted share was driven by lower commodity price realizations and higher operating expenses, partially offset by higher production.Excluding the unrealized gain on commodity derivatives and related income taxes, adjusted net income (non-GAAP) for second quarter 2012 was $1.6 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, compared to $6.5 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for second quarter 2011. See “Supplemental Non-GAAP Financial and Other Measures” below for our reconciliation of adjusted net income to net income.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV