4. Work-life integration among top brass is gaining momentum.
Nancy Mellard, head of the CBIZ Women's Advantage, a professional development program for women, says Mayer's appointment -- and the fact that the position is so high-profile -- has opened the floodgates for debate about work-life balance.
"She's not trying to find balance, I think she is trying to find integration of both her personal and professional lives," Mellard says. "We try to set ourselves up for ultimate failure because our lives are not in balance. [We should] take what's important to us and integrate that in all the other important parts of our lives."
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV