Edgen Group Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Edgen Group Inc. (NYSE: EDG) a leading global distributor of specialized products including steel pipe, valves, plate, and related components to the energy sector and industrial markets, today reported its financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012.
Edgen Group sales for the second quarter 2012 increased 20% to $496.5 million from $415.1 million in the second quarter 2011. Edgen Group sales for the first six months of 2012 increased 35% to $1.0 billion from $742.1 million for the first six months of 2011.
Sales from the Company’s Energy & Infrastructure (“E&I”) segment, operating under the brand name Edgen Murray, increased $32.8 million, or 15%, to $255.4 million for the second quarter 2012 and increased $124.9 million, or 31%, to $533.0 million for the first six months of 2012 compared to the same periods in 2011. E&I segment backlog increased to $405 million at June 30, 2012 compared to $356 million at March 31, 2012, and $353 million at December 31, 2011.
Sales at the Company’s Oil Country Tubular Goods (“OCTG”) segment, operating under the brand name Bourland & Leverich increased $48.5 million, or 25%, to $241.1 million for the second quarter 2012 and increased by $135.2 million, or 40%, to $469.3 million for the first six months of 2012 compared to the same periods in 2011.Gross profit for the second quarter 2012 increased $3.5 million, a 6% increase, compared to the second quarter 2011. Gross profit for the first six months of 2012 increased $19.6 million, a 20% increase, compared to the first six months of 2011. Gross margins were 11.8% and 11.7% in the second quarter 2012 and the first six months of 2012, respectively, which is an improvement from 11.5% in the first quarter 2012. Gross margins were 13.3% and 13.1% in the second quarter 2011 and the first six months of 2011, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV