Telefonica (TEF) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Telefonica fell 66 cents (-5.8%) to $10.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.56-$11.08 after having opened the day at $10.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.36. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), down 41.6%, NTELOS Holdings (NTLS), down 17.4%, Iridium Communications (IRDM), down 17%, and Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT), down 12%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TEF
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV