Ecopetrol S.A (EC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Ecopetrol S.A rose 82 cents (1.4%) to $58.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Ecopetrol S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 711,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.82-$58.62 after having opened the day at $57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.61. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Chemtura Corporation (CHMT), up 15.1%, Tesoro Corporation (TSO), up 14.3%, Atlatsa Resources (ATL), up 13.2%, and Geokinetics (GOK), up 13%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ecopetrol S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV