NAPERVILLE, Ill., Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Calamos Asset Management, Inc. (CAM) Board today appointed current board member Mr. Tom Eggers to serve as Lead Independent Director. In that role, Mr. Eggers will, among other responsibilities, coordinate the CAM Board's oversight of key corporate initiatives. Mr. Eggers was appointed to the Board as an independent member as of January 31, 2012.
"We are pleased to have Tom serving in this leadership role. His contributions add value for the shareholders of Calamos Asset Management and this was an insightful decision by the Board," stated John P. Calamos, Sr., chairman, chief executive officer and co-chief investment officer.
Mr. Eggers has been in financial services since 1976 and brings to the CAM Board strong industry credentials. He was most recently the CEO and President of The Dreyfus Corporation and a member of its Board of Directors. He initially joined Dreyfus in 1996 as President of Dreyfus Investments, was appointed Vice Chairman of The Dreyfus Corporation in 1999 and became President in 2001. In 2002, Mr. Eggers left Dreyfus to become President and CEO of Scudder Investments, part of Deutsche Asset Management. He rejoined Dreyfus in 2005 as President and COO and was named CEO the following year. He retired from Dreyfus in April 2008.
Mr. Eggers was a founding member of several industry trade groups including The Forum for Investor Advice, which is now part of the Money Management Institute. He has served on committees for the Investment Company Institute and was elected to its Board of Governors in 2007, as well as served on the Investment Committee of NASD, which is now FINRA. Mr. Eggers also has served as an independent trustee and interested trustee of several organizations including Dreyfus, Scudder, Founders Funds and USAA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV