PC Connection, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCCC), a provider of a full range of information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, and education markets, today announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. Net sales for the three months ended June 30, 2012 were $542.6 million, a year-over-year increase of $30.0 million or 5.9%. Net income for the quarter was $8.8 million, or $0.33 per share, compared to net income of $7.5 million, or $0.28 per share, for the corresponding prior year quarter.
Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2012 were $1,041.3 million, an increase of $66.8 million or 6.9%, compared to $974.5 million for the six months ended June 30, 2011. Net income for the six months ended June 30, 2012 was $14.3 million, or $0.54 per share, compared to net income of $12.0 million, or $0.44 per share, for the six months ended June 30, 2011. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, stock-based compensation expense, and special charges (“Adjusted EBITDA”) totaled $59.6 million for the twelve months ended June 30, 2012, as compared to $52.8 million for the twelve months ended June 30, 2011.
During the first quarter of 2012, we combined our consumer and small office/home office (“SOHO”) sales company with our small- and medium-sized business (SMB) segment. In order to facilitate comparison with current period results, 2011 revenues and gross margins for the SMB segment have been restated to include consumer and SOHO sales.
Quarterly Sales by Segment:
- Net sales for the SMB business segment were $229.6 million in the second quarter of 2012. Sales to small and medium businesses increased by 3.5% year over year, however, when combined with lower consumer and SOHO sales, overall sales for this segment decreased by 1.1%.
- Net sales for the Large Account segment increased by 22.5% to $197.0 million compared to net sales in the second quarter of 2011. Sales for this segment increased from both new and existing customers.
- Net sales to government and education customers (Public Sector segment) decreased year over year by 3.1% to $116.0 million. Sales to state and local government and educational institutions were relatively unchanged compared to last year, while sales to the federal government decreased by $4.0 million year over year.
- Notebook sales, the Company’s largest product category, increased by 12% year over year and accounted for 19% of net sales in the second quarter of 2012 compared to 18% of net sales in the prior year quarter. Higher unit sales led to the growth in this product category as average selling prices were generally unchanged.
- Software sales increased by 11%, accounting for 16% of net sales in the second quarter of 2012, compared to 15% in the prior year quarter. Software sales increased in both the Large Account and SMB segments.
- Desktop/server sales increased slightly year over year, accounting for 15% of net sales in the second quarter of 2012 compared to 16% of net sales in the prior year quarter. Desktop sales grew primarily as a result of increased unit sales in our Large Account segment, as ASPs decreased by single digits on a rate basis.
- Net/Com products continued to grow with an increase of 5% year over year, accounting for 10% of net sales in the second quarter of 2012 and 2011. Growth in this category was driven by a 19% year-over-year increase in Net/Com product sales in our Large Account segment.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.