SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions for mobile computing, communications and entertainment devices, today announced that ForcePad, the breakthrough next-generation TouchPad, will be coupled with its new state-of-the-art ThinTouch keyboard technology and industry-leading ClearPad Series 7, to deliver the ultimate touch solution for notebook PC and other mobile device OEM partners.
Synaptics raises the bar with the ground breaking ForcePad solution that delivers industry changing usage models for high-performance Ultrabooks with the Microsoft Windows 8 "touch first" operating system, which demands flawless Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI).
"Synaptics has reimagined the notebook and timed these innovative solutions with the Ultrabook and Windows 8 design cycle," said Tim Bajarin, president at Creative Strategies, Inc. "Synaptics pioneered the original TouchPad, evolved it to the Image Sensing buttonless ClickPad, and now introduces the ForcePad with an array of touchscreen and ThinTouch capacitive keyboard solutions that redefines what is possible in HCI."
Synaptics reinvents HCI with three key notebook innovation platform capabilities:
- ForcePad --- the ultimate next-generation TouchPad is a multi-finger, variable force detection, capacitive TouchPad that offers a large "modern touchpad" gesture area that is up to 40% thinner than today's ClickPads, enabling thinner and lighter Ultrabooks, making it ideal for the fast and fluid Windows 8 touch experience by adding a new dimension of control to the notebook human-computer interaction.
- ThinTouch --- the definitive ultra-thin keyboard technology that complements the rapidly growing Ultrabook market trends of thinner form factors and improved battery life. The latest design innovations achieve up to 40% reduction in thickness from today's conventional keyboards, improved manufacturability and reliability, as well as improved backlighting. With the addition of capacitive technology, new usage models enable industry changing multi-modal (TouchPad, keyboard and touchscreen) user experiences.
- ClearPad Series 7 --- leveraging the heritage of the ClearPad family, the high performance Series 7 solutions are designed to meet the demanding Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows RT touchscreen requirements and now support up to 17" touchscreens.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV