Obagi Medical Products’ Reports Second Quarter 2012 EPS Rose To $0.18 Vs. $0.16 A Year Ago; Revenue Rose To $30.5 Million
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMPI), a leader in topical aesthetic and therapeutic skin health systems, today reported financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012.
Net sales for the second quarter of 2012 were up approximately 6% to $30.5 million from $28.9 million for the second quarter of 2011.
Net income for the second quarter of 2012 rose to $3.4 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared with $2.9 million, or $0.16 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2011. The results for the three months ended June 30, 2012 included approximately $1.2 million (or an impact of $0.04 per diluted share) of pre-tax charges for the development of the Company’s e-Commerce initiative and other growth initiatives as previously announced.
Operating expenses for the second quarter of 2012 were $18.7 million, compared with $17.5 million for the same period last year, which included $0.7 million in costs associated with the Zein Obagi litigation and settlement.Gross margin for the second quarter of 2012 was 79.8%, up from 77.4% a year ago. Highlights from the quarter included:
- Generating positive cash flow from operations of $1.7 million, bringing cash and cash equivalents at June 30, 2012 to $40.2 million.
- Adding 306 new accounts, resulting in active accounts totaling 6,602 at quarter’s end, up 1% from a year ago.
- Thirty percent of the new account additions derived from physicians in Texas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV