- At June 30, 2012, the Partnership had $121.7 million of cash and cash equivalents in wholly owned subsidiaries and $959.8 million available for borrowing under its $1.2 billion revolving credit facility after consideration of aggregate borrowings of $217.9 million and $22.3 million of outstanding letters of credit.
- Operating income before items not allocated to segments for the three months ended June 30, 2012, was $146.3 million, a decrease of $1.5 million when compared to segment operating income of $147.8 million in the same period in 2011. This decrease is primarily attributable to lower commodity prices compared to the prior year quarter. Processed volumes remain strong, growing almost 20% when compared to the second quarter of 2011, primarily due to the Partnership’s Southwest and Liberty segments.A reconciliation of operating income before items not allocated to segments to income (loss) before provision for income tax, the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure, is provided within the financial tables of this press release.
- Operating income before items not allocated to segments does not include loss on commodity derivative instruments. Realized losses on commodity derivative instruments were $5.0 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to realized losses of $17.7 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- For the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, the Partnership’s portion of capital expenditures was $327.9 million and $582.2 million, respectively. These expenditures do not include the Keystone purchase price of $509.6 million.
2012 DCF AND GROWTH CAPITAL EXPENDITURE FORECASTFor 2012, the Partnership forecasts DCF in a range of $400 million to $440 million based on its current forecast of operational volumes and prices for crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids; derivative instruments currently outstanding; and the Keystone acquisition, as mentioned above. The midpoint of this range results in approximately 119 percent coverage of the Partnership’s full-year distribution based on current quarterly distributions and common units outstanding. A commodity price sensitivity analysis for forecasted 2012 DCF is provided within the tables of this press release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV