- Annuity sales for the second quarter of 2012 were $917 million (before coinsurance) compared to first quarter 2012 annuity sales of $979 million (before coinsurance).
- Total invested assets grew 20% to $25.4 billion at June 30, 2012 compared to $21.2 billion at June 30, 2011. On an amortized cost basis, total invested assets grew 13% to $23.3 billion at June 30, 2012 compared to $20.5 at June 30, 2011.
- Investment spread for the second quarter of 2012 was 2.70% compared to 2.93% for the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted investment spread for the second quarter of 2012 was 2.95%, slightly below the 3.00% target.
- Estimated risk-based capital (“RBC”) ratio at June 30, 2012 based upon trailing twelve months annuity sales remained above target at 337%. Estimated RBC at June 30, 2012 based upon annualization of first half 2012 annuity sales was 347%.
- Book value per outstanding common share (excluding Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income) grew to $16.34 at June 30, 2012 compared to $16.24 at March 31, 2012 and $16.09 at December 31, 2011.
American Equity Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.