- Annuity sales for the second quarter of 2012 were $917 million (before coinsurance) compared to first quarter 2012 annuity sales of $979 million (before coinsurance).
- Total invested assets grew 20% to $25.4 billion at June 30, 2012 compared to $21.2 billion at June 30, 2011. On an amortized cost basis, total invested assets grew 13% to $23.3 billion at June 30, 2012 compared to $20.5 at June 30, 2011.
- Investment spread for the second quarter of 2012 was 2.70% compared to 2.93% for the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted investment spread for the second quarter of 2012 was 2.95%, slightly below the 3.00% target.
- Estimated risk-based capital (“RBC”) ratio at June 30, 2012 based upon trailing twelve months annuity sales remained above target at 337%. Estimated RBC at June 30, 2012 based upon annualization of first half 2012 annuity sales was 347%.
- Book value per outstanding common share (excluding Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income) grew to $16.34 at June 30, 2012 compared to $16.24 at March 31, 2012 and $16.09 at December 31, 2011.
American Equity Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.