“Our strong second quarter results were driven by the success of games such as Deer Hunter Reloaded, Frontline Commando and Samurai vs. Zombies Defense,” stated Eric R. Ludwig, Glu’s Chief Financial Officer. “We also benefitted from the timely acquisition of the Deer Hunter brand, which resulted in our ability to achieve record gross margins during the quarter. The combination of our better than expected second quarter performance and increased expectation for the year will result in our ability to end the year with more than $21.0 million in cash.”
Business Outlook as of August 2, 2012:
The following forward-looking statements reflect expectations as of August 2, 2012. Results may be materially different and are affected by many factors, such as: consumer demand for mobile entertainment and specifically Glu’s mobile products; consumer demand for mobile handsets, including smartphones, tablets and next-generation platforms; development delays on Glu's products; continued uncertainty in the global economic environment; competition in the industry; storefront featuring and premium deck placement; smartphone storefronts, carriers and other distributors maintaining their networks and provisioning systems to enable consumer purchases; changes in foreign exchange rates; Glu's effective tax rate and other factors detailed in this release and in Glu's SEC filings.
Third Quarter Expectations – Quarter Ending September 30, 2012:
- Non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $20.25 million and $21.25 million and non-GAAP smartphone revenue is expected to be between $17.5 million and $18.5 million.
- Non-GAAP gross margin is expected to be approximately 89%.
- Non-GAAP operating expenses are expected to be approximately $22.6 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA loss, defined as non-GAAP operating loss excluding depreciation of approximately $600,000, is expected to range from a loss of $(3.1) million to a loss of $(4.0) million.
- Income tax expense is expected to be $(0.2) million.
- Non-GAAP net loss is expected to be between $(3.9) million and $(4.8) million, or a net loss of $(0.06) to $(0.07) per weighted-average basic share.
- Weighted average common shares outstanding for the third quarter of 2012 are expected to be approximately 64.5 million basic and 70.8 million diluted.
- Glu’s cash balance at September 30, 2012 is expected to be approximately $21.0 million.
- Non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $94.4 million and $96.4 million and non-GAAP smartphone revenue is expected to be between $81.9 million and $83.9 million.
- We expect to achieve profitability for non-GAAP operating income and generate cash flows from operations in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- We expect to achieve better than break even Adjusted EBITDA for the full year in fiscal 2012.
- Glu’s cash balance at December 31, 2012 is expected to be more than $21.5 million with no debt and we will not need to raise debt or issue equity to support our operations in 2012.
- We expect to launch a total of 23 titles in fiscal 2012.
- Change in deferred revenues and royalties;
- Amortization of in-process development contracts;
- Amortization of intangible assets;
- Stock-based compensation expense;
- Restructuring charges;
- Change in fair value of Blammo earnout;
- Transitional costs;
- Release of tax liabilities; and
- Foreign currency exchange gains and losses primarily related to the revaluation of assets and liabilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV